Monday, 11 March 2013 12:13
The inspector was in the crawlspace of a 4,424 sqft house built in 1979 that was being put on the market for sale. Under the living room, he did a double take, when he saw several floor joist bays that were completely charred.
The current homeowner since 1995 knew nothing about this.
Possible causes... crack in the fireplace hearth? electrical fire? plumber’s torch?
Report recommendation was for further review by both a licensed building and chimney contractor; and checking with the local building department.
Count on the sharp-eyed inspectors at Pacific Coast Inspections, Inc to perform comprehensive inspections and to deliver photo enhanced reports.